Brian's Blog

Monday, January 30, 2006

New Blog!... Why? 'Cause I wanna!

There is really nothing to report from me. My last day as an Abercrombie model/manager/ultimate badass is Wednesday. I'm happy to get out of the world of retail. I will have about 10 days off before the CPSI job. So I guess its my final Spring Break, so to speak. I plan on going on a drinking binge in Panama City. Just so I could say I went with a bang and a hangover. Woohooo! Nah, I will probably end up sitting at home reading and playing my guitars. Which reminds me. I don't think I posted what I got for Christmas this year. And I will post some other list too. So here they are:

My Christmas Presents:
An acoustic guitar
A subscription to National Geographic Magazine
A book called The Historian (I read it...it was alright not great but not bad either)
Some DVDS
Some CDS
A really nice travel bag (which I'm sure will come in handy in the future)
Some slippers (which I'm wearing now)
Various other items that I can't remember because it was over a month ago.

Other random lists...

My Top 10 CDS (in no particular order):
Radiohead-Ok Computer
Radiohead-The Bends
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones-Outbound
Sublime-Sublime
Rage Against the Machine-Rage Against the Machine
Cake-Fashion Nugget
Coldplay-Parachutes
Bob Marley-Legend
Incubus-s.c.i.e.n.c.e.
Incubus-Make Yourself

So that list was over 10. But hey! Who's counting? Well I guess its me thats the one counting since I knew it was over 10. I need to stop talking to myself. Let the listing continue!

My Top Favorite Movies (no order):
Snatch
Dumb and Dumber
Fight Club
Ocean 11 and Oceans 12
Ghostbusters 1 and 2
The Endless Summer 1 and 2
Riding Giants
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy!
Rudy
Van Wilder
Dodgeball

My Favorite Books (no order):
Pretty much every Dan Brown book (they are a quick read)
The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I read them all in about 3 weeks)
Freakonomics
Into the Wild
The Seawolf
A Quest for Growth
The Historian (it barely made this list)

Unfortunately due to the demanding schedule of college these are all the books I have read on my own time in the past year. And being forced to read a book for a class automatically makes me hate the book.

Things I plan to do on my Break:
Read
Play guitar
Go to the beach (yes the beach)
Eat
Sleep
Hang out with friends
Get a drug test
And I think thats it.

Cobb, out!

8 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Caitlin said...

The Historian made your favorite books list? I was disappointed in the ending. It was like she decided it had finally gotten long enough, so she just stuck on an ending. I just got a new guitar! This guy down the street was going to throw it away because he bought it but never played it, so my dad salvaged it for me. Pretty cool. Enjoy your 10 days of break!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Congrats on your new job Brian! I so sorry your modeling career as come to an end. Let me know what some more good reads are because I am in a book club and we're always looking for interesting material. And if you haven't already, take a look at my new blog: www.jaimehebert.blogspot.com Bye!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Brian...you are as crazy as your dad was. Yes, your dad was not right in his early 20s.
I'm happy that you're going to start the career thing, but I think a Super Model would be so much more glamerous...maybe you can do both.

Take care,
Uncle Steven

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

You've been linked to my blog...hope you don't mind.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Mine too!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Ponderings of Lee Swift said...

Brian - I'm a friend of your Uncle Steve (steve'swhirlyworld) ... and he sent me your BLog - love your writing style - I continue to check in for your infrequent entries...

and have linked you to my BLog -
http://www.leeswift.blogspot.com
hope you don't mind...

Lee

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

goodness Brian. You're becoming a blogging celebrity.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger spencer said...

I concur. Send a little publicity this way....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home