Brian's Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

New Blog about New Job

Today was my second day at my new job. So far its been good but very overwhelming like most new jobs. I have to learn a whole lot about the CPSI computer program, such as how to use every part of the program and how to set it up. Along with troubleshooting and helping customers with breakdowns in the program. I will admit it is scary because of the amount I have to learn. But I know I can do it. Everyone seems very nice and the atmosphere of the place is very laid back, organized, and you can feel the seriousness that my coworkers have about their jobs. I must say this is my first experience with a "real" job where I will be given a lot of responsibility. I guess thats why they are paying me. I have a little cold so I don't feel like writing too much tonight. But I will keep ya'll informed with everything.


Cobb, out!

3 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Congrats on the job, again! I love my job too. Actually, I guess I should say I love the environment. I have really nice co-workers, two of which I see on occasion after work hours. I don't have a real boss... No one looks over my should or gives me duties on a daily, or even weekly basis. In the 1 1/2 years I've worked here, I've already earned two raises! The job is okay. Some days more fun than others, but that's something I'm more than willing to put up with.

I was overwhelmed too at first. I thought I'd never catch on to what our providers were or who the payers were or when it's okay to send claims and when it's not. But I learn more everyday. Still. Maybe now even at a faster rate because I know which questions to ask. Anyway, it'll come. Good luck.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ponderings of Lee Swift said...

I agree with bablynbarb.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Brian

I remember years ago when I was interviewing this guy for a job. He said, "I'd like this job b/c it's a 'real job'"...I said, "what do you consider a real job to be?" He said, without hesitation, "one where I don't have to wear a paper hat." I laughed my butt off.

I hope you get comfortable with your new job soon. Be patient with yourself, know that you can't know everything, find out who knows alot and become their friend, and use your resources wisely.

Also, get better soon...you gotta work tomorrow!

Uncle Steven

 

Post a Comment

<< Home